Partner Hans Pierschel and Ludwig Renn, buried together
Zentralfriedhof Friedrichsfelde, Gudrunstraße 20, 10365 Berlin, Germany
On his return from exile in Mexico in 1947 Ludwig Renn settled at first in Dresden with his partner Max Hunger (December 5, 1901 – August 25, 1973). In 1949 they were joined by Hans Pierschel (1922 – 1994) and the three men then moved in 1952 to Berlin-Kaulsdorf where they lived together for the rest of their lives. They were buried together in the same grave in the central Friedrichsfelde Cemetery.