Partners Ludwig Renn and Max Hunger, buried together
Zentralfriedhof Friedrichsfelde, Gudrunstraße 20, 10365 Berlin, Germany
On his return from exile in Mexico in 1947 Ludwig Renn settled at first in Dresden with his partner Max Hunger (1901 – 1973). In 1949 they were joined by Hans Pierschel (July 26, 1922 – September 9, 1994) and the three men then moved in 1952 to Berlin-Kaulsdorf where they lived together for the rest of their lives. They were buried together in the same grave in the central Friedrichsfelde Cemetery, the last resting place of many social-democratic, socialist and communist politicians and activists.