Partner John Seely, Lord Mottistone
41 Cloth Fair, London EC1A 7JQ, UK
Templewood, Northrepps, Frogs Hall Farmhouse, Cromer NR27 0LJ, Regno Unito
St Michael and All Angels, 12 Starling Rise, Sidestrand, Cromer NR27 0NJ, Regno Unito
Paul Edward Paget (24 January 1901 – 13 August 1985) was the son of Henry Luke Paget, Bishop of Chester and Elmer Katie Hoare (sister of Sir Samuel Hoare). He became business partner of John Seely (later Lord Mottistone), whom he met at Cambridge and with whom he restored many damaged church buildings after World War II.
From 1926 he had been a successful designer of opulent houses, including the former Eltham Palace, and claimed that he looked after 14 city churches. In his partnership with Seely he concentrated more on their clients than on design work. He succeeded Seely as Surveyor of the Fabric of St Paul's Cathedral in 1963 and designed or restored many churches. He was master of the Art Workers Guild in 1971.
41 Cloth Fair, London
In August 1971 Paget married Verily Anderson in London, England. He was invested as a Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects (FRIBA) and a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries (FSA). He was also a Commander, Royal Victorian Order (CVO).
Paul retired to Templewood in Frogshall, Northrepps, Norfolk, a building he had designed for his uncle Samuel Hoare, Viscount Templewood.